Chinese Zero to Hero
【FULL】The Little Nyonya EP04 | 小娘惹 | iQIYI

Channel: iQIYI 爱奇艺
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang.
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang.
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang.
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang.
那个假红毛查理张
Charlie Zhang, the Caucasian wannabe,
让人送来了两箱西洋红酒
sent someone to deliver two cartons of Western wine to us.
还有什么巧什么力的
He has also sent us something called "cho-late".
我听那个送礼来的人
The dispatch told Towkay...
跟头家说什么
很有诚意啊
"We are sincere."
一定会好好对待
"We will treat your daughter well."
黄老板你的闺女啊
菊香小姐
Apparently Charlie Zhang is unwilling to give up on you!
那查理张显然对你还不死心呢
这查理张可真有心哪
Charlie Zhang is being so sincere.
上星期送来一箱干鲍
Last week, he sent us a carton of dried abalone.
这又送来了洋酒和巧 巧
Now, he sent us some Western wines and cho...
巧克力 巧克力
It's called chocolate.
对对对
Yes.
他居然记着 我喜欢吃洋食
He remembers that I love Western food.
特意派人送过来的
That's why he sent someone to deliver the food for me.
我听林秘书说啊
I heard from Secretary Lin that...
这可是从很远的瑞士运过来的
these food are imported from Switzerland which is really far away.
珍贵得很
They are very precious.
听说在欧洲啊
In Europe,
有特地为皇室制做的巧克力
there is a type of chocolate which is specially made for the royal family.
珍贵得像黄金一样
It's as precious as gold.
人家三番五次地送东西过来
This is not the first time he sent us present.
你打算什么时候答复他
When do you plan to give him a reply?
我现在还没想好该怎么拒绝他呢
I don't know how to turn him down.
为什么要拒绝呀
Why are we turning him down?
她妈哭哭啼啼的
Her mother cries non-stop...
不肯答应她嫁给查理张做小的
protesting about marrying her to Charlie Zhang as a mistress.
做小有什么不好啊
What is the big deal of being a mistress?
就像她
You were attracted to her because of her beautiful appearance too.
凭着几分姿色被你看上了
说这些干什么呀
Don't say that.
你看像她那样的出身
She comes from a poor family background...
都可以在咱们家吃香的喝辣的
yet she are living an easy life in our family.
何况菊香呢
Ju Xiang will be treated well for sure.
那菊香毕竟
After all, Ju Xiang is your daughter.
是你黄大老板的女儿啊
你呀你呀
Both the mother and daughter must have cast a spell of you.
准是让她们母女俩下了降头
我在搜查菊香房间的时候
When I searched through Ju Xiang's room,
查出很多古古怪怪的东西
I found many weird things.
你想
Think about it. If Ju Xiang knows nothing about Tame Head the black magic,
菊香要是不会下降头
她怎么敢用烛火去烧自己的手
she wouldn't be brave enough to burn her hand.
还烧不坏
Not only she didn't sustain any injury,
那火居然就灭了
the fire went off too.
那查理张可是有头有脸的人物
Charlie Zhang is somebody.
不嫌弃菊香又聋又哑的就不错了
We should be grateful that he doesn't look down upon Ju Xiang for being a deaf mute.
她还摆什么臭架子
She shouldn't put on airs.
再说 女大不中留
Furthermore, you can't keep your daughter by your side forever.
家里养个老姑婆
Having a spinster at home...
那也是触霉头的事
is not auspicious.
你也犯不上因为菊香她们母女俩
We can't afford to offend someone like Charlie Zhang...
得罪查理张那样的人哪
for Ju Xiang and her mother.
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang.
菊香小姐
不好了 不好了
Something bad has happened.
真的不好了
Something bad has really happened.
嫁给查理张有什么不好的
What is so bad about marrying Charlie Zhang?
他有权有势
He is rich and powerful.
多少人还巴不得跟他攀亲戚呢
Everyone wants to be his relative.
我求求你 她嫁过去会很可怜的
I beg you. She will live a miserable life if she marries him.
我已经决定
I have made up my mind...
也回复人家了
and I have informed him.
不要再来烦我了
Stop bugging me.
菊香
Ju Xiang.
女人的命
A woman...
是无法控制在自己手里的
can never control her fate.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
我跟鲁宾逊先生的那笔生意啊
The business between Mr. Robinson and I...
就交给你来接手吧
will be handed to you.
张老板娶了你女儿之后
After Mr. Zhang gets married with your daughter,
大家就是自己人了
we will become a family.
有好处不留给自己人
We should benefit no one else other than our relatives.
还留给谁呢
是是是
-Yes. -Lately,
我最近哪
跟日本人做了不少生意
I have done plenty of business with the Japanese.
现在这日本哪 正在打中国
Japan is having a war with China.
需要很多物资
They need a lot of supplies.
这接下来的日子里呀
In the coming days,
有咱们忙的了
we will be busy.
对对对
You are right. That's great.
好好好
漂亮啊
She is so beautiful.
真是太漂亮了
She is really beautiful.
这娘惹装穿在菊香小姐的身上
The Nyonya attire on Ms. Ju Xiang...
It's extremely wonderful on her.
真是太美妙了
Yes.
这是张老板送上的提亲礼
This is a marriage proposal gift from Mr. Zhang.
足金打造的槟榔盒
It's a betel box made from gold.
价值不斐啊
It's priceless.
张先生
Mr. Zhang.
我拿菊香啊
I treat Ju Xiang like my own daughter.
就像自己的亲生女儿一样
她能找到你这么好的归宿
Knowing that she would marry a great man like you...
我也欣慰了
makes me happy.
我一定会好好的待她的
I will take good care of her. [Singapore]
二少爷
Sir.
大哥
Big brother.
怎么有鼓声啊
Why is there drumbeats?
我请了巫师在上面作法
I hired a sorcerer to carry out some rituals.
大哥
Big brother!
我们是受过教育 学过科学的
We are educated. We learnt science.
你怎么也信起巫术来了
How could you believe in sorcery?
Sheng.
你也知道
As you know,
奶奶从马六甲一回来
ever since grandma came back from Malacca, she has been feeling ill.
就一病不起
中医看了 西医看了
We have consulted both Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Western doctor.
都看不好
Yet, she has not recovered!
一开始我也是反对的
I went against it in the beginning.
可是奶奶告诉我
However, grandma told me that...
死马当活马医
we have to make every possible effort.
非要让我请个巫师来
She insists to hire a sorcerer.
玲姐
Ling.
送巫师出去
Send off the sorcerer.
是 头家娘
Yes, Towkay Neo.
奶奶怎么样了
How is grandma?
还是很虚弱
She is still very weak.
作了法之后
She fell asleep after the ritual.
就昏睡过去了
那巫师怎么说
What did the sorcerer say?
她说
According to her,
奶奶能否挺过这一劫
whether grandma can make it...
就看这几天了
is solely depended on our effort in the next few days.
废话
Rubbish!
Sheng!
大哥 大嫂
Big brother! Sister-in-law!
我们还是赶紧把奶奶送去医院吧
We should send grandma to hospital.
奶奶说了
Grandma has made it clear.
谁要是送她去医院
If anyone sends her to hospital, she will disown that person.
就不要再认这个奶奶了
老人家的感受
No matter what, we still have to consider...
我们还是需要顾及一下
the feeling of the elderly.
而且奶奶也跟我说过
Moreover, grandma told me that...
她要在这个家里面终老
she wants to spend her last days in this house.
我去看奶奶
I will check out on her.
你回来
Stop there!
你大嫂请了个媒人
Your sister-in-law has hired a matchmaker...
选了个好日子
and an auspicious day has been selected.
你准备去趟黄家
Get ready to pay the Huang family a visit...
正式提亲
and make an official marriage proposal.
我们已经答应黄家了
We have promised the Huang family.
不能说话不算话
We can't go back on our own words.
我不想误己误人
I don't want to hold back someone else and myself!
盛弟
Brother.
你和美玉的这桩婚事
Not only the marriage between you and Mei Yu...
不只得到了双方父母的同意
is blessed by your parents,
还交换了彼此的生辰八字
your birth dates have also been exchanged...
得到了祖先和神明的允许
and we have got approval from our ancestors and gods.
你们的婚姻
Your marriage is blessed.
是一定会得到祝福的
而且奶奶不止一次说过
Moreover, grandma has repeatedly said that...
想要亲眼看到你娶媳妇
she wants to witness your wedding...
了却了这个心愿
to fulfil her wish...
那才没有遗憾
so that she can leave without regrets.
奶奶
Grandma.
不行 不行的
No!
我是个下人
I am just a maid.
怎么可以跟你们同桌吃饭
I can't eat together.
阿桃 你就坐吧
Tao, just sit down.
在这儿 还分什么彼此啊
We are a family.
谢谢二太太
Thank you, Madam Tian Lan.
谢谢菊香小姐
Thank you, Young Lady Ju Xiang.
谢谢你们
Thank you for treating me like a human.
把笨阿桃当人看
二太太
Madam.
菊香小姐说
Young Lady Ju Xiang told me...
这道娘惹豆酱鸡是你最喜欢吃的
Ayam Pongteh is your favourite dish.
是啊
Yes.
你奶奶在世的时候
When your grandma was still alive,
最爱吃这道娘惹豆酱鸡
she loved Ayam Pongteh too.
常常让我煮了给她吃
She always requested me to cook it.
慢慢的
Slowly,
我也就爱上了
I fall in love with this dish too.
菊香小姐说
Young Lady Ju Xiang also reminded me...
让我以后经常做这道娘惹豆酱鸡
to cook Ayam Pongteh for you in the future.
给你吃
你能这么想
Knowing your real thought makes me feel relieved.
妈妈就放心了
婚期已经定了
The wedding date has been fixed.
是在下个月的初三
It will be held on the third day of the next month.
怎么这么急啊
Why is it held in a rush?
我听说峇峇人
I heard that the Baba would take some time to get ready for wedding, right?
结婚不是要筹备一段时间的吗
那是正娶
That's only when a man marries a woman as his legal wife.
菊香
Ju Xiang...
是做小的
will be a mistress.
做小的也不能这么着急啊
Even if so, the wedding shouldn't be held in a rush.
我看那个查理张一脸的色相
Charlie Zhang looks like a pervert.
癞蛤蟆就是想早点吃到天鹅肉
He just wants to take advantage of her soonest the possible!
阿桃
Tao!
二太太
Madam, I feel sorry for Young Lady Ju Xiang.
我是替菊香小姐
我不说了 不说了
I will stop talking nonsense.
I...
我吃鸡屁股
I will take the chicken tail.
不行 不行的
No, I can't take it.
跟你们一起吃饭
I have gone too far by eating together with you.
已经很吓人了
怎么能吃鸡腿
I can't take the drumstick.
吃鸡屁股我就很开心了
I am really happy to have the chicken tail.
好吃
It's delicious.
鸡屁股
Chicken tail...
没有鸡腿好吃
is not as delicious as the drumstick.
其实啊
Actually, Mei Yu's wedding is even more in a rush than yours.
美玉的婚事比你还要着急
再过三天
Three days later,
陈家就来把她娶过门了
she will get married to the Chen family.
美玉小姐不是嫁去陈家做小的
Young Lady Mei Yu is going to be a legal wife.
怎么也那么着急啊
Why is the wedding in a rush too?
陈老太太的病情越来越严重了
Madam Chen is not in a good shape.
把美玉娶过陈家
The Chen family hopes that by marrying Mei Yu,
是想给陈老太太冲冲喜
it can bring some fortune to Madam Chen.
陈老太
Madam Chen...
是心地那么好的一个人
is a kind person.
上天一定要保佑她老人家
Dear God, please bless her with longevity.
长命百岁
[Sin Chew Photo Studio]
小日本 你叫的面
Little Japanese, your noodle is here!
吓了我一跳
You gave me a shock!
好漂亮 你老婆
She is so pretty! Is this your wife?
快走
那还不快点娶她回来做老婆
Go away! You should marry her as soon as possible.
迟了就给别人抢去了
Otherwise, someone else may steal her!
迟了就给别人抢去了
[Otherwise, someone else may steal her!]
小日本 你跑那么急要去哪里啊
Little Japanese! Where are you going in a rush?
我听你的话
I heed your advice! I'm going to marry her!
我去娶老婆
[Malacca] [Chen Residence] [Huang Residence] [Malacca] [Chen Residence] [Huang Residence] [Rui Xiang] [Chen Residence] [Huang Residence] [Chen Residence] [Huang Residence]
美玉啊
Mei Yu.
你进了陈家一定要孝顺长辈
After getting married, make sure you treat the elderly well,
照顾后辈
take good care of the young ones and handle the servants well.
管好下人
要尽一个做媳妇的本分
Fulfil your responsibility as a daughter-in-law.
每天睡得晚 起得早
You have to stay up late and wake up early.
女红 厨艺
Make sure you master sewing and cooking skills.
样样要拿得起来
尤其是陈家人丁单薄
The Chen family is a small family.
你要争气
You must live up to expectations.
尽早给陈家添香火
Carry on the ancestral line of the Chen family as soon as possible.
这样
Only then,
你在陈家才尊贵
you will be honourable in the family.
娘惹出嫁时
[When Nyonya gets married,]
父母要为她披上乌巾
[her parents will put on a black cloth on her head.]
表示新娘离开爹娘的悲哀
[It symbolises the bride's sorrow as she is leaving her parents.]
峇峇相信
[Baba believes that black can chase away demons.]
黑色可以驱走妖魔鬼怪
乌巾上的小红布
[The small piece of red cloth on the black cloth...]
代表父母给她的祝福
[represents the blessing given by her parents.] [Xuande Lane] [Chen Residence] [Good fortune] [Good fortune] [Respectful Hall] [Happiness]
菊香小姐啊
Young Lady Ju Xiang.
Don't leave.
你不能走
外面的世界很不一样的
The outside world is completely different from home.
到处都是坏人和骗子
It's full of bad guys and swindlers.
你又不能说
Furthermore, you can't talk.
你这一走就没有活路了
You will not survive if you leave the house!
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang, I have to stop you.
我不能让你走
来人哪
Help!
来人
我不是不让你走
I don't want to stop you but...
我是不想看到你
I don't want to see...
I...
我不想看到你
I don't want to see...
即使离开后会死
Even if you may die after leaving home,
你也不要像臼里的葱头蒜头一样
you don't want to be like garlic and onions in a mortar...
被舂得稀巴烂
waiting to be pounded into paste.
女人不用听天由命
"Women don't have to resign themselves to fate. "
你的命
"Your fate..."
你要自己掌握
"is in your hand."
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang,
你放心
don't worry.
我一定会照顾好二太太的
I will take good care of Madam Tian Lan.
菊香小姐
Young Lady Ju Xiang, please take care!
你一定要保重
[Happiness] [Happiness]
我也奇怪了
I don't get it.
又聋又哑的
She is a deaf-mute.
平日连大门都不迈出去一步
She didn't even dare to leave the house in the past.
哪儿来的胆子敢离家出走啊
She wouldn't have the guts to leave home all of a sudden.
一定是有人怂恿她
Someone must have incited her.
是不是你干的好事啊
Was it you?
先生
Sir.
我没有
I didn't do that.
你一直就不同意
You have been protesting...
她嫁给查理张做小的
marrying her to Charlie Zhang as his mistress.
在我面前哭哭啼啼 又跪又求的
Not only you cried in front of me, you begged me too.
我没有答应你
I don't agree with it.
你就安排她出走
That's why you made arrangement to send her away.
头家
Towkay, the moment she knew that Young Lady Ju Xiang had left home,
二太太一知道菊香小姐走了
急得都晕过去了
she was so panic she passed out.
那就证明二太太事先也不知情啊
It proves that she had no idea about it.
谁知道她是真晕倒还是假的呀
Who knows if she pretended to pass out?
大姐
Sister.
我真的不知道
I have no idea.
我真的不知道
I really have no idea.
阿桃
Tao!
那就是你怂恿的了
It must be you!
头家娘 头家
Towkay Neo! Towkay! My goodness!
乖乖隆地咚
我今天一天
I was occupied with the wedding.
都在忙着大小姐出嫁的事情
我连后院都没有去过
I didn't even go to the back garden.
我要是知道菊香小姐要离开
If I knew that Young Lady Ju Xiang planned to leave home,
我死都会拉着她的
I would have stopped her!
滚开
Go away!
这事我怎么跟查理张交代啊
How do I explain to Charlie Zhang?
爸 你不要着急
Dad, don't be nervous.
我已经让王管家带人去找她了
I have instructed Wang the steward to look for her.
她独自一人 又聋又哑的
She is a deaf-mute. Furthermore, she is alone.
肯定走不了多远的
She wouldn't have had travelled far.
快快快 很快很快
Hurry up!
不着急 小哥
先把我放下吧
Don't worry. Please let me down.
All right.
有没有看见我们家小姐
Have you seen my boss' daughter?
不知道啊
No.
怎么样
找不到 找不到
-Have you found her? -No, we didn't see her.
没有啊
找不到
-No. -You can't find her?
那不是黄家的管家吗
[Isn't that the steward of the Huang family?]
你家小姐不是刚出嫁吗
Isn't your boss's daughter just got married?
那个是大小姐
That's the eldest daughter.
我要找的是菊香
I'm looking for Ju Xiang!
那个聋哑的
That deaf-mute? I didn't see her.
没见到啊
怎么样
How is it?
没有 没看到她
-No, we couldn't find her. -No?
没有
不知道跑哪儿去了
I wonder where she went.
你们三个在这附近找找
Look for her within the proximity!
你们两个
Two of you, come with me. Let's go to the train station.
跟我到火车站去
听说那个姓张的有钱有势
I heard that Mr. Zhang is rich and powerful.
即便嫁过去做小的
Even if she marries him as a mistress,
也有享不完的福
she will live a lavish life anyway.
你懂什么
You know nothing!
女人的命啊
Women can't live like garlic and onions,
不能像葱头蒜头一样
任人舂个稀巴烂
waiting to be pounded into paste!
舂个稀巴烂
也好过落入人口贩子的手啊
It's better to be pounded into paste than being caught by traffickers!
什么人口贩子啊
What traffickers?
最近啊 出现了很多人口贩子
Lately, there are many traffickers around the area.
他们哪 专门诱拐女孩子的呀
They abduct girls.
先奸了再卖进娼寮
They would rape those girls before selling them to brothels.
你们怎么不早点说啊
Why didn't you tell me earlier?
你那么大声干吗 想吓死人啊
Why did you talk so loudly? You gave me a shock!
还不快去找
-Let's look for her. Hurry up! -All right.
走 走 好
不够 不够 不够
下一个
Not enough. Next!
去去去 下一个下一个
Go away! Next!
Go!
帮忙啊 帮忙啊
Please help.
帮忙啊 帮忙啊
Please help.
帮忙啊
Please help.
帮忙啊
帮忙啊
Please help.
你到那里找
You, search over there!
快点 你去那边
Hurry up! You should go there!
姑娘 姑娘
要不要买火车票
Miss, do you want to buy train ticket?
我有便宜的黑市票
I have cheap tickets.
火车票 可以卖给你
I can sell you the train ticket.
你要去哪里啊
Where are you going?
吉隆坡
Are you going Kuala Lumpur, Penang...
槟城
新加坡
or Singapore?
新加坡的票刚好卖完了
Ticket to Singapore has sold out.
你不用担心
Don't worry. I am not a swindler.
我不是骗子
你这点钱也不够去新加坡
You have not enough money to Singapore anyway.
这样吧
我有一辆载黄梨的货车
How about this? I have a van that carries pineapples.
就要出发了
It's going to depart soon.
你就坐货车去好不好
You may go there by van. Okay?
来来来 跟我来 跟我来
Come on, come with me.
走吧 走吧
Let's go.
走吧 走吧
Let's go.
走快点哪
Hurry up!
我还要做生意的
I still need to tend my business!
姑娘啊
Miss, are you serious about going to Singapore?
你到底要不要去啦
时间不等人的
Time wait for no one.
钱还给你
Take back your money!
你到底要不要坐的
Do you want to join?
那就快点
Hurry up! The driver waits for no one!
司机不等人
走吧
Let's go.
走啊
Let's go.
走吧
Let's go.
他就是司机
He is the driver.
他会带你去坐车
He will show you the way to the car.
头家
Towkay.
我们在后巷找到这个箱子
We found this box in the back lane.
阿桃说这是菊香小姐的
Tao said it belongs to Young Lady Ju Xiang.
你肯定这箱子是她的吗
Are you sure it belongs to her?
是 头家
Yes, Towkay.
菊香
Ju Xiang.
我的菊香
My dear Ju Xiang!
先生
Sir.
你快去救救菊香
Please save Ju Xiang!
快去救救菊香
我求求你
Please!
我求求你了 我求求你
I beg you!
我求求你
I beg you!
你别嚎了
Stop crying!
就算找回来有什么用啊
What can we do after we have found her?
那查理张还会娶她吗
Charlie Zhang will not marry her anymore.
这女人最重要的就是贞洁
Chastity is really important for a lady.
谁会娶一个不清不白的女人
No one will marry a sinful lady.
你这宝贝女儿啊
Your dear daughter...
可真是丢尽了黄家的脸
has left the Huang family with egg on its face!
二太太
Madam Tian Lan!
二太太
二太太 二太太
Madam Tian Lan!
头家
Towkay, should we report to the police?
是不是要报警啊
报什么警啊
Why should we report to the police?
她是自找的
She asked for it!
你可想清楚了
Think carefully.
这件事要是传扬出去
If it gets around,
大家会怎么看我们
how would others look at us?
再说了
Furthermore,
被人口贩子抓走了
she has been abducted by traffickers.
就算找回来那也是残花败柳了
She must have lost her chastity by the time we found her.
我们黄家在这儿可是有头有脸的
The Huang family is a prestigious family.
就算你不嫌丢人
You may not feel embarrassed about it...
我还觉得丢人呢
but I do!
就当她死掉了吧
Just take as if she has passed away.
Dad.
那你说
How do we explain to Charlie Zhang?
查理张那边怎么交代啊
什么事情都来问我
You ask me everything!
几岁的人了
You are an adult!
你就不能自己拿主意吗
Can't you decide by yourself?
Mum.
那你说现在该怎么办啊
What should we do now?
怎么办
What should we do?
坦白告诉他
Be honest to him.
让他看着办
Let him do whatever he want.
谢谢你的支持
Thank you for your cooperation.
期待下一次合作
I look forward to our future together.
这是我的荣幸
It's my pleasure.
谢谢
Thank you.
张老板
Mr. Zhang.
对不起
I am sorry.
废物
Rubbish!
二太太
Madam Tian Lan.
你不要太担心了
Don't worry.
菊香小姐一定会有惊无险
Young Lady Ju Xiang will make it out of danger.
化险为夷的
而且她必有后福
Furthermore, she is blessed.
我出去找菊香小姐的时候
When I was looking for Young Lady Ju Xiang,
我路过观音堂
I passed by a Guanyin Temple.
我特地进去啊
I purposely went inside to ask for a direction from the Goddess of Mercy.
请观音娘娘给我指点迷津
我求了一支签
I have got a fortune stick.
庙祝帮我解签
The temple attendant in charge interpreted the fortune stick for me.
就说了我刚才的那番话
He had said the same thing that I just said.
二太太
Madam Tian Lan.
菊香小姐心肠那么好
Young Lady Ju Xiang is kind-hearted.
一定会好心有好报的
She will be blessed for that.
观音娘娘
Goddess of Mercy.
观音娘娘
Goddess of Mercy.
求你保佑我的女儿菊香
Please bless my daughter, Ju Xiang,
平安无事
to stay out of danger.
我从现在开始斋戒
I will start fasting from now on.
我愿意不吃不喝
I will stop eating and drinking.
我愿意用我的性命
I am willing to use my life...
去换我的女儿无灾无难
to make sure my daughter is away from catastrophe.
观音娘娘 你听见了吗
Goddess of Mercy, can you hear me?
观音娘娘
Goddess of Mercy!
观音娘娘
Goddess of Mercy, for the sake of Young Lady Ju Xiang,
为了菊香小姐
我阿桃
just like Madam Tian Lan,
跟二太太一样
我也不吃不喝
I will stop eating and drinking.
求观音娘娘保佑菊香小姐
Please bless Young Lady Ju Xiang to stay out of danger!
平安无事
保佑
Bless her!
保佑
Bless her!
保佑
Bless her!
保佑
Bless her!
这三个
Send three of them...
送到龙哥的妓寮里
to Brother Long's brothel.
知道了 凤姐
Sure, Sister Feng.
这四个
Send four of them to Black Mole's brothel.
送到黑痣那里
这四个 好的
Four of them? Okay.
这个嘛
As for this one,
长得最好看
she is the prettiest among all.
卖到新加坡去
Sell her to Singapore.
价钱要叫高点
Get a good price.
凤姐
Sister Feng, it seems that she is a mute.
她好像是个哑巴
是真哑巴还是假哑巴
Is she a mute for real?
不像假的
She doesn't look like she is pretending.
那有什么关系呢
It doesn't matter.
男人要的
Men only aim for her body.
不是她的身体吗
松口
Let go of me!
臭婆娘
You stinky lady!
等车子来了
Send them away once the van is here!
全部都运走
[Ticket Counter]
有没有看到过一个娘惹
Have you seen a Nyonya...
大概十八九岁
about 18 or 19-year-old?
没有 没有 没有
No.
先生
Mister, have you seen a Nyonya?
有没有看到个娘惹
没有 没有
No.
先生
我在找一个十八九岁的娘惹
Mister, I am looking for a Nyonya who is about 18-year-old.
没有
No.
如果你想找人
If you have any problem,
你可以去问他
you can talk to him.
他是这里的万事通
He can solve every problem.
谢谢
Thank you.
这里是十块钱
It's ten bucks.
十块钱
Ten bucks.
我听人家说 你是这里的万事通
I heard that you can solve every problem.
我在找一个娘惹
I am looking for a Nyonya...
大概十八 九岁
who is about 18-year-old.
这么高 长得很漂亮
She is about this tall and she is very beautiful.
你知道她在哪吗
Do you know where is she?
先生哪
Mister, can't you see that I'm blind?
你没看我是个瞎子吗
你问错人了
You have asked the wrong person.
那钱我也给错人了
I have paid the wrong person too.
我忽然间看得到了
My eye sight is back out of sudden.
你的手流血了
Your hand is bleeding.
我们是逃不出去的
We will never escape.
是啊
-That's right. -That's right.
那现在怎么办
What should we do?
要是被他们发现的话
If they found out about it,
我们一定会被打死的
we will be beaten to death.
我就先抓你
I will put you down first!
来人哪 来人哪
Help!
干什么 还想跑
What are you doing? Don't you dare to run away!
进去
Go inside!
进去
Go inside!
你们这些人口贩子
You traffickers! Let go of them!
快把人给放了
拿这个破面盆就想救人
Do you think you can save them just by a broken basin?
我告诉你啊
Listen, I have reported to the police.
我已经报警了
警察马上就会来了
They will be here soon.
拿警察来吓我们
Don't you try to scare us with police.
这些警察如果这么尽力的话
If they are so committed,
我们早就收摊子吃自己了
we would have already pulled up stakes and get out of here.
你就慢慢等吧
Wait for it to happen.
我跟你保证啊
I can assure you that...
等你化成灰了都不见警察来
you won't see any police even after you have turned into ashes.
Fine. Come here!
来啊
大家快出来 人口贩子抓人了
Come out, everyone! The traffickers are abducting people!
别被他吓着
Don't listen to him! Beat him up!
打死他
Go!
菊香
Ju Xiang!
菊香
菊香小姐
Ms. Ju Xiang!
菊香小姐
Ms. Ju Xiang!
菊香
Ju Xiang!
警察 这里有人受伤了
Police! Someone is hurt!
快来 快来啊
Hurry up!
阿桃
Tao.
阿桃啊
Tao.
你快过来
Come here.
你吃碗饭吧
Eat something.
不可以 二太太
I can't eat now.
我跟观音娘娘发过誓的
I have sworn in front of Goddess of Mercy.
菊香小姐一天没有消息
Before we hear any news of Young Lady Ju Xiang,
我一天都不吃不喝
I will continue fasting.
你看你
Look at you.
手都在抖了
Your hands are shaking.
二太太
Madam Tian Lan.
你看你自己
Look at yourself.
你自己
You...
都脸青唇白的
look so pale.
Come.
阿桃啊
Tao.
我跟你不一样
I am different from you.
菊香
Ju Xiang...
是我的女儿
is my daughter.
菊香小姐她也是我的
Young Lady Ju Xiang is also my...
她是我的
She is my...
我也不会说了
I don't know how to put it.
总之我阿桃
Anyway, my life is valueless.
贱命一条
死不足惜
Death is not to be regretted.
二太太
Madam, don't worry for me.
你不要为我担心
你快吃点吧
Eat something.
你吃吧
You should eat something.
你就吃点吧
Just eat something.
你还要干活呢
-You have to work. You should eat. -No.
你吃 不不不
二太太 二太太
Madam Tian Lan!
有菊香小姐的消息了
We have found Young Lady Ju Xiang!
这次是政府高官亲自下的令
It's an order from a senior government official.
警察哪敢怠慢
Even the police didn't have the guts to neglect it.
马上就出动抓人了
They had gone into operation right away.
这帮殖民地警察
The colonial police is all about extortion and blackmailing.
一向只会敲诈勒索
你不喂饱他们
If you refuse to pay them, they will pay no heed to you.
他们理你才怪呢
就算塞了钱
Even if they are paid,
也未必会认真办案
there is no guarantee that they will take their work seriously.
那一件案子拖个一年半载的
A case investigation takes at least one year to solve.
等他们查到了
When they finally have completed the investigation,
人都不知道被卖到哪儿去了
those people have been sold to somewhere else.
这次多亏了有查理张
All thanks to Charlie Zhang.
这查理张 认识很多英国人
Charlie Zhang knows many British men.
他又是英华商会的副会长
Furthermore, he is the vice president of Anglo-Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
就是很多政府高官
Most of the government officials have to be respectful to him.
也得给他几分面子
金城
Jin Cheng.
菊香 怎么样
How is Ju Xiang?
她受了点小伤
She only sustained light injuries. Nothing much.
没什么大碍
查理张已经送她去医院了
Charlie Zhang has sent her to the hospital.
-Great. -Jin Cheng.
金城啊
她除了表面上受点伤
Besides the light injuries,
有没有被糟蹋了呀
was she humiliated?
大姐
Sister!
你激动什么呀
Why are you agitated?
我也是替孩子着想嘛
I am thinking for your daughter.
你以为那些人贩子是善男信女
Don't you think that those traffickers are kind people!
吃素的
金城
Jin Cheng.
查理张有没有说
Did Charlie Zhang say...
怎么处置菊香啊
how would he handle Ju Xiang?
林秘书说
According to Secretary Lin,
张老板对菊香还是很关心的
Mr. Zhang still cares about Ju Xiang.
所以他一接到消息
Therefore, the moment he received the news,
马上就打电话给英国高官
he called the senior government official.
而且他还让我们放心
He told us not to be worried.
说张老板不会提出退婚
He said Mr. Zhang won't break off the engagement.
那就好
That's great.
那就好
That's great.
不过
However...
不过什么
What?
林秘书说张老板得确定
Secretary Lin also said that Mr. Zhang will ascertain...
菊香还是不是
whether Ju Xiang...
黄花闺女
is still a virgin.
你看看
See?
如果是的话
If she is,
他会遵守承诺娶菊香过门
he will marry Ju Xiang as per his promise.
否则的话
Otherwise,
就会送她回来
he will send her back.
那可不行
No way!
说什么也不能再让她
I won't let her come back to the Huang family again!
进黄家的大门
Dad.
那你说
What should we do?
现在该怎么办啊
还能怎么办
What else can we do?
人是查理张救回来的
She was rescued by Charlie Zhang.
由他做主吧
He has the final say.
不管结果怎么样
No matter what,
黄家的大门
the Huang family won't take her in again!
是不会再为她打开了